These are the sources quoted or paraphrased in this publication.
How to Conduct Training Exercises. 10 September 1984.
Training the Force. 15 November 1988.
Battle Focused Training. 30 September 1990.
These documents must be available to the intended users of this publication.
Army Topography. 30 November 1993.
Department of the Army Information Security Program. 29 September 2000.
Policy for Safeguarding and Controlling Communications and Security (COMSEC) Material. 30 June 2000.
Intelligence Analysis. 15 March 1990.
Staff Officers Field Manual: Organizational, Technical, and Logistical Data. 1 July 1976.
Field Artillery Manual Cannon Gunnery. 27 December 1988.
Compilation and Color Separation of Topographic Maps. 15 June 1971.
Cartographic Aerial Photography. 2 January 1970.
Operations and Maintenance Manual for Satellite Signals Navigation Sets. 15 September 1995.
Soldiers’ Guide for the Precision Lightweight GPS Receiver (PLGR) AN/PSN-11. 1 December 1996.
The PLGR Made Simple. 1 November 1997.
Land Navigation Training Software
- Chapter 1: TRAINING STRATEGY
- Chapter 2: MAPS
- Chapter 3: MARGINAL INFORMATION AND SYMBOLS
- Chapter 4: GRIDS
- Chapter 5: SCALE AND DISTANCE
- Chapter 6: DIRECTION
- Chapter 7: OVERLAYS
- Chapter 8: AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- Chapter 9: NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT AND METHODS
- Chapter 10: ELEVATION AND RELIEF
- Chapter 11: TERRAIN ASSOCIATION
- Chapter 12: MOUNTED LAND NAVIGATION
- Chapter 13: NAVIGATION IN DIFFERENT TYPES OF TERRAIN
- Chapter 14: UNIT SUSTAINMENT
- Appendix A: FIELD SKETCHING
- Appendix B: MAP FOLDING TECHNIQUES
- Appendix C: UNITS OF MEASURE AND CONVERSION FACTORS
- Appendix D: JOINT OPERATIONS GRAPHICS
- Appendix E: EXPORTABLE TRAINING MATERIAL
- Appendix F: ORIENTEERING
- Appendix G: M2 COMPASS
- Appendix H: ADDITIONAL AIDS
- Appendix I: FOREIGN MAPS
- Appendix J: GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM
- Appendix K: PRECISION LIGHTWEIGHT GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM RECEIVER
- Map Reading and Land Navigation GLOSSARY
- Map Reading and Land Navigation REFERENCES